Custom Battery Pack Designer & Manufacturer
HOB Custom Power designs and manufactures custom battery packs for medical, military, and a large range of industrial and commercial applications. We provide everything from single-cell to multi-cell series/parallel combinations with electronics (BMS) in a variety of custom packages. Many years of combined expertise in engineering and manufacturing enable us to provide well designed, cost-competitive solutions that solve the challenges faced by OEMs.
Contact us for assistance with custom battery pack design and assembly. We are the nation’s leading custom battery pack designer and battery pack assembler, request a quote today.
Power Options for Custom Battery Assemblies
HOB Custom Power can produce custom made batteries in a range of chemistry types and configurations to meet our customers’ performance and size requirements.
Our technology-agnostic engineers can design packs with either primary or rechargeable cells, using chemistries that give our customers a broad range of choices for their custom battery pack designs.
- Lithium Primary
- Nickel metal hydride
- Lithium iron phosphate
The links below provide additional information on our custom battery pack design and manufacturing capabilities. Request a quote for custom battery packs, or contact HOB Custom Power (DBA House of Batteries) to learn more.
Chemistries for Custom Battery Pack AssembliesHOB Custom Power is an industry leading custom battery pack manufacturer that has the experience and the expertise to design and assemble your custom battery pack with any cell type your application requires.
- Lithium Ion/Lithium Polymer: This advanced chemistry provides increased performance over nickel- and lead-based chemistries. Lithium-ion (Li-ion) and lithium polymer batteries can provide up to 200% of the energy density of NiCd (nickel cadmium), with low self-discharge rates and high discharge current capabilities.
- Lithium Iron Phosphate: These batteries use a lithium-ion-derived chemistry that exhibits superior thermal and chemical stability for improved safety characteristics. Lithium iron phosphate (LFP) batteries offer higher discharge rate capabilities, longer cycle lives, and a slower rate of capacity loss than most lithium-ion chemistries.
- Lithium Primary: Lithium primary cells and battery pack assemblies provide the highest specific energy (energy per unit weight) and energy density (energy per unit volume) of any battery type. Lithium primary cells are available multiple chemistries, and are most often used for low-drain applications; special high-rate discharge lithium primary cells are also available.
- Nickel Cadmium: This well-established battery chemistry can be capable of thousands of charge/discharge cycles, and can sustain heavy loads. Nickel-cadmium (NiCd) battery packs can accept a charge faster than many other chemistries and are produced in a wide variety of cell configurations. This is also one of the most economical battery chemistries in use today.
- Nickel Metal Hydride: Nickel-metal hydride (NiMH) battery packs can provide up to 40% more energy capacity than NiCd batteries of the same size and, are easy to recycle. In general, NiMH is one of the least expensive battery chemistries available and is an ideal choice for portable and handheld electronic devices.
Custom Made Battery Packs for Every ApplicationOur engineering team designs every battery assembly with reliability, safety, and manufacturability in mind. We utilize the latest computer-based tools for electrical and mechanical design to give you the best performing, most economical, and most dependable battery pack assembly solution.
The engineering team at HOB Custom Power can provide custom battery pack design assistance to update or enhance your existing application, or we can develop a completely new battery pack assembly solution to meet the unique requirements of your product. We have the expertise and industry experience to deliver a complete, custom made energy solution for any industry or application.
Drawings, specifications, and prototypes of your custom battery pack are provided for customer review and approval, before proceeding to production, and to help facilitate any pre-production development and validation.
Contact HOB for your Custom Battery Pack Design, Production & Battery Assembler Needs Today
HOB Custom Power has a long history of excellence in custom battery pack design and production. We’ve provided battery pack assembly solutions for countless industries and applications. Request a quote on custom battery packs you need, or contact us to learn more.